Chipotle Bean Burgers (Vegan)
Need a break from meat? Lighten it up with meat-free options like these vegan chipotle bean burgers. Serve with a side of greens or a homemade sweet potato fries.
This recipe makes 6 patties
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1/2 c broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 c peas
- 1/4 c white mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce (use gluten-free tamari for GF version)
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 c red pepper, diced
- 1/2 walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cooked brown rice
- 1/2 GF quick cook oats
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour (use almond flour for GF version)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (add more for spicier burger)
- 1-2 tbsp oil, for cooking (coconut or grape seed are good options)
- In large mixing bowl, combine beans, broccoli, peas and mushrooms. Mash with potato masher or large spoon
- Add soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
- Next add peppers, walnuts, rice, oats, almond flour and chipotle powder. Mix until you have a mushy consistency.
- Form patties. Don’t make them too thick.
- Heat oil on medium in large pan on stovetop.
- Cook patties until lightly brown on both sides.
Looking to incorporate more healthy recipes like this into your food routine? Not sure how to get started? Contact me to schedule an introductory health coaching session and we’ll create your next steps!