These kid-approved peanut butter cups are a great alternative to store-bought versions like Reese’s. Plus, they’re super easy to make, which makes them mom-approved too!
- 5-6 ounces mini chocolate chips (~ 1/2 bag of chips; Enjoy Life is a great brand free of soy, gluten, dairy and nuts)
- 1 cup of natural crunchy peanut butter or almond butter (Trader Joe’s raw crunchy almond butter works great! If you don’t like crunchy nut butters, creamy is fine too.)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- Place 10-12 mini cupcake liners onto a plate or in a muffin pan (you’ll place it in the freezer, so make sure whatever you choose fits!)
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips in the bottom of the liners until they are 1/3 full.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave (~20 seconds) or on the stove until melted. In a small bowl, mix the oil with peanut or almond butter and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the coconut oil/nut butter mixture into the cupcake liners over the chocolate chips. Fill to the top
- Place cups into the freezer until frozen, about 45 minutes.
- Enjoy! Make sure to keep uneaten peanut butter cups in the freezer – once you take them out they will start to melt