My gluten-free lemon blueberry chia seed pancakes are a great weekend treat for your pancake-loving family. In addition to being gluten-free, the batter is dairy and sugar/sweetener-free too. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 c Bob’s Red Mill All- Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, whites separated
- 1 cup light coconut milk (Trader Joe’s is xatham-gum free)
- 2 tbsp oil (olive, coconut)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4-5 tbsp chia seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Separate the egg whites into a small bowl, then combine the egg yolks, 3/4 cup coconut milk and olive oil into another bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites until they begin to foam, then fold them into the other liquid ingredients and continue whisking until well combined.
- Stir in the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth. The batter should be slightly runny. If too thick, add remaining 1/4 c coconut milk.
- Stir in berries, chia seeds and lemon zest.
- Spoon out 1/4 c measurements of batter and pour onto hot non-stick griddle or pan (medium heat is sufficient). Flip when sides start to brown.
- Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.