This recipe is a great homemade alternative to store-bought granola or cereal. Top it off with fresh fruit and a splash of milk (almond, hemp, cow’s). It’s a tasty yogurt topper, too, or feel free to eat it plane as a crunchy snack.
4 cups oats (use certified gluten-free oats for GF option)
1/2 c sesame seeds
1/2 c sliced almonds
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/4 c pumpkin seeds
1 c dried fruit (raisins, currants)
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c 100% pure maple syrup
Sprinkle of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients (except sea salt) in large mixing bowl.
3. Pour olive oil and maple syrup and stir well.
4. Spread all contents evenly on a lightly greased cookie sheet (coconut oil is great for this). Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Place in oven for 90 minutes. Stir granola every 30 minutes.
6. Top with your milk of choice and fresh berries.